On Oct 13, 9:54 pm, Wayne Witzel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > OK. Back to your code? What is this MemCachedMapper.. google 2 hits
> > only. Is it your own solution, does it work, can you share?
>
> Not my solution, was a solution presented a while back on the SA
> mailing list.
> Seehttp://groups.google.com/group/sqlalchemy/msg/5d505529ee157162
>
> I've used it in albeit non-critical, production sites.

This cache has some drawbacks - it seems to be reinventing
session.merge() somehow, and also only takes effect for straight
get()s.   A cache needs to cache the results of any SELECT statement
to really be useful.   The cache I've added to SQLA's examples does
this but doesn't have the "on-update expiration" feature this one has
- its much more involved to implement for a general SELECT cache and I
would usually leave expiration as a manual affair.