Hi Dalius,

Thanks for getting back to me.

> Never seen it done this way. Even if it works it does not look correct
> way. It looks hard to understand and in some sense it is unpythonic -
> other developers will have hard time to understand it. Just look at
> pylons tutorials how it is done.

I have checked the docs, and I can't find a specific example where a controller
is explicitly trying to set a class attribute that is a foreign key:

mapper(ArkClient, clients_table, properties={
    'contacts':relation(ArkContact, backref='client', cascade="all, delete"),
    'projects':relation(ArkProject, backref=backref('client'), cascade="all,
delete, delete-orphan")
})

Ie. Setting ArkClient.contacts or ArkCLient.projects

As before, currently doing the following:

contact.client=Session.query(ArkClient).filter(ArkClient.client=='clientName').first()

The 'clientName' string is passed through via request.POST. If anyone has links
to examples of how this is done better that would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Jules