Hi All, I'm building an intranet based office management 'thing'. It has a
lot to do with automating project setup, folder creation, various start up
scripts etc. One snag that I've hit is I seem unable to access mako template
files that are outside of the pylons project.

For example

<%
    path=os.path.join(g.work_path, c.shotOb.project.client.client,
c.shotOb.project.name, '_ark','utils.mako')
    shot_spec_utils = local.get_namespace(path) %>

Results in:

<class 'mako.exceptions.TemplateLookupException'>: Cant locate template for
uri '//jules-pc/work_temp\client\project\_ark\utils.mako

Which as a path is correct. I'm guessing it doesn't work because it's trying
to find the path from within the templates folders of the pylons project,
for example, changing path to 'path='/clients/client.mako' [which is inside
the templates folder] is fine - is there any way to make mako understand an
'absolute' path?

I'm trying to do this as each project is likely to have its own set of
specific pages, and It makes a lot of sense to be able to tie these pages in
with the on disk file structure of the project [which is outside of the
pylons project, and certainly doesn't want to be inside the templates folder
of the pylons app :)]. If anyone has any alternative ideas for this, I'd be
well up for hearing them.

Many thanks,

Jules