Previously Dalius Dobravolskas wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 9:34 AM, Wichert Akkerman <wich...@wiggy.net> wrote:
>
> > Previously Dalius Dobravolskas wrote:
> > > Hello,

> > > If your intention is unit-testing do it Pylons way:
> > > http://wiki.pylonshq.com/display/pylonsdocs/Unit+Testing
> >
> > That is not unit testing, that is functional testing.
>
> What's the difference except that your way might be a little bit
> more-efficient (like 20%)? I have seen several different ways of
> unit-testing pylons applications but basically they just help to do the
> same. What makes unit-testing functional testing in your opinion?

I run the controller method in isolation, which means:

- no other middleware that influences the result
- I can put stuf in c before I call the controller method, and
  introspect c afterwards
- no paste.fixture or WebTest influencing the result

with a unittest you want to call something in isolation, without
anything else being present. This is the only way to do that.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <wich...@wiggy.net>    It is simple to make things.