I heard that many "enterprise" web applications use tomcat (and Google
Web Toolkit to create the client side javascript code).
What are the advantages of using a framework like Pylons (or Django,
Rails, etc) compared to using Java framworks ?
Why can't the Java framwork be used for non-enterpise web site apps ?

Java has a performance advantage over Python (and Ruby), but I guess
the down side is that it's not as "agile" for rapid development ?