On Jan 30, 11:36 am, Domen Kožar <ielect...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I somewhat figured out that my u'strings' get encoded to latin, even
> though utf-8 is set as OS locale, vim encoding and python source
> encoding.
>
> After fiddling around, I got that far:http://paste.pocoo.org/show/101978/
>
> Any idea what could trigger such behaviour?

You need to put # -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
as one of the few first lines in your pytohn files. That way Python
knows what encoding your strings are written in. (there's a pep about
this too).

The interactive python interpreter behaves a little different since it
uses the locale when started and assumes strings are written in that
locales charset.

I guess the Pylons shell doesn't implement this same thing (ipython
has the same bug).