On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 8:01 AM, Ross Vandegrift <r...@kallisti.us> wrote:
> Sometime in the recent past, setuptools stopped doing this.  Now, when
> there's a conflicting version it bails out and warns me.  I have to
> resolve the situation manually.
>
> This is really annoying - can I get the old behavior back?

I have been getting version conflicts on something, but I can't
remember what.  Maybe WebOb, WebError, or simplejson.  My solution was
to upgrade the package individually and then install again.  With so
many packages having dependencies, it can be hard to keep them all in
sync, or to tell what's a general problem vs something peculiar to
your system.

My latest install had a problem with simplejson being installed
zipped, because it didn't have write permission on its home directory
to unpack the C files to.  Since this is a daemon account without a
home directory, I deleted the package and installed it as a directory
("easy_install -Z 'simplejson>=2.0.7'").  (This is all on Linux.)

--
Mike Orr <sluggos...@gmail.com>