Hello, Graham.

On Saturday March 14, 2009 03:30:39 Graham Higgins wrote:
> On Mar 13, 12:45 am, Gustavo Narea <m...@gustavonarea.net> wrote:
> > I'm sorry about the delay, but I've been very busy this week.
>
> Thanks for your efforts on this. I'd like to meet Gopal's request for
> a paster-ready repoze.what app. I already have a working repoze.who
> +repoze.what auth'n'auth template in Shabti [1] but it's based on an
> earlier how-to and I suspect that it would make more sense to use a
> Pylons-specific repoze.what plug-in if it can be made to work.

Whoa, that's really nice. And yes, repoze.what-pylons makes some things
simpler.

I'll give you a hand, if you don't mind. I've created this fork for that:
http://bitbucket.org/Gustavo/shabti-repozeauth/

> [1]
> http://bitbucket.org/gjhiggins/shabti/src/tip/shabti/templates/auth_repozew
>ho/
>
> > Anyway, what was the exact problem you have?
>
> For me:
>
> 1. The action in the login form refers to a URL-cum-action: '/
> login_handler' which is not mentioned anywhere else in the tutorial.

That's right! I just fixed it. Thanks :)

> 2. When transcribed into a project, the plugin -- when configured
> according to the tutorial -- doesn't successfully authenticate. The
> log shows, somewhat cryptically: "no identities found, not
> authenticating". In my Shabti template, in order to avoid a database
> issue, I ended up following mcdonc's advice and adopting a different
> config approach - see setup_sql_auth in [1].

Sorry, what did you exactly change? I see your add_auth() function looks like
that in the HOWTO.

> > I've started a project at
> > http://bitbucket.org/Gustavo/whatpylonsproject/overview/
>
> I can't seem to find any reference to a "skip_authentication" keyword
> parameter for setup_sql_auth  in the plugin code but I'm probably
> looking in the wrong place. Any pointers?

Oh, that's right. I inserted that keyword argument because I'll use the
repoze.who-testutil plugin:
http://code.gustavonarea.net/repoze.who-testutil/

That key is exactly used here:
http://code.gustavonarea.net/repoze.who-testutil/API.html#repoze.who.plugins.testutil.make_middleware

It makes testing repoze.who applications much, much easier. I'll include it in
the repoze.who HOWTO when I have time, but if somebody else does it sooner,
it'd be great ;-)

Cheers!
--
Gustavo Narea <xri://=Gustavo>.
| Tech blog: =Gustavo/(+blog)/tech  ~  About me: =Gustavo/about |