Previously Ben Bangert wrote:
> On Apr 28, 2009, at 2:43 PM, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>
> >If you decide to use zope.component a controller could be a named
> >utility. You could then register it like so:
> >
> > class BaseController(object):
> >     """This is the standard Pylons base controller class."""
> >     implements(IPylonsController)
> >

> > class MyController(BaseController):
> >     """My very own controller."""
> >
> > registerUtility(MyController, name="my_controller")
>
> Yikes! :)

Why the yikes? The only change for a Pylons user is adding a single line
to register the controller. The interface that is used to manage the
registrations can be hidden in the BaseController class and internal
pylons logic - people may never need to know about it. This gives you a
lot of extra flexbility and pluggability, at the expense of asking
people to add a single line of code for each controller.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <wich...@wiggy.net>    It is simple to make things.