On Jan 31, 4:46 am, PF4Pylons <ultimulunic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> Here is what I have manged to get working:
>
> =========HelloWorld.fcgi====working, OK====================
>
> #!$HOME/html/Others/PVE/bin/python
> import sys
> sys.path.insert(0, '$HOME/html/Others/PVE/lib/python2.5')

You cannot use '$HOME' in Python variable strings like that. List the
path explicitly.

> def myapp(environ, start_response):
>     start_response('200 OK', [('Content-Type', 'text/plain')])
>     return ['Hello World!\n']
>
> if __name__ == '__main__':
>     from flup.server.fcgi import WSGIServer
>     WSGIServer(myapp).run()

If this work when you had $HOME above, they must already have flup
installed.

> =========HelloWorld.cgi====working, OK=====================
>
> #!$HOME/Others/PVE/bin/python
>
> import sys
> from paste.deploy import loadapp
> import wsgiref.handlers
>
> sys.path = ['$HOME/html/Others/HelloWorld'] + sys.path
> wsgi_app = loadapp('config:$HOME/html/Others/HelloWorld/
> development.ini')
> wsgiref.handlers.CGIHandler().run(wsgi_app)
>
> =========MyApp.cgi====working, with errors, see
> below=====================
>
> #!$HOME/html/Others/PVE/bin/python
>
> import sys
> from paste.deploy import loadapp
> import wsgiref.handlers
> #os.chdir("$HOME/html/Others/Anki/MyAppweb")
> sys.path = ['$HOME/html/Others/PVE/lib/'] + sys.path
> sys.path = ['$HOME/html/Others/MyApp/MyAppweb'] + sys.path
>
> sys.path.insert(0, "$HOME/html/Others/MyApp/libMyApp")
> wsgi_app = loadapp('config:$HOME/html/Others/MyApp/MyAppweb/
> production.ini')
> wsgiref.handlers.CGIHandler().run(wsgi_app)

> Sat Jan 30 09:29:06 2010] [error] [client 121.1.1.1] File does not
> exist: $HOME/html/css/app.css
> [Sat Jan 30 09:29:06 2010] [error] [client 121.1.1.1] File does not
> exist: $HOME/html/study/getCSS
> [Sat Jan 30 09:29:06 2010] [error] [client 121.1.1.1] File does not
> exist: $HOME/html/js/other/jquery-1.2.6.min.js
> [Sat Jan 30 09:29:06 2010] [error] [client 121.1.1.1] File does not
> exist: $HOME/html/js/other/jquery.hotkeys-0.7.8-packed.js
> [Sat Jan 30 09:29:06 2010] [error] [client 121.1.1.1] File does not
> exist: $HOME/html/js/other/MochiKit/MochiKit.js
> [Sat Jan 30 09:29:06 2010] [error] [client 121.1.1.1] File does not
> exist: $HOME/html/js/other/MochiKit/MochiKit.js
> [Sat Jan 30 09:29:07 2010] [error] [client 121.1.1.1] File does not
> exist: $HOME/html/activity.gif
>
> These files are all rooted in the public folder of the application.
> How can I fix this please?
>
> However the my application is slow, so is the HelloWorld aplication
> athough this one has no errors in the log.
> I believe this is because of the cgi approach.
>
> ==============Myapp.fcgi ==Lightning fast===BUT WITH ERRORS see
> below=====
>
> #!/home/content/c/r/i/cristip/html/Others/PVE/bin/python
> import os, sys
> sys.path = ['$HOME/html/Others/PVE/lib/'] + sys.path
> sys.path = ['$HOME/html/Others/MyApp/MyAppweb'] + sys.path
> sys.path.insert(0, "$HOME/html/Others/MyApp/libMyApp")
>
> from paste.deploy import loadapp
> wsgi_app = loadapp('config:$HOME/html/Others/MyApp/MyAppweb/
> development.ini')
>
> # Deploy it using FastCGI
> if __name__ == '__main__':
>     from flup.server.fcgi import WSGIServer
>     WSGIServer(wsgi_app).run()
>
> ====================The problems that I have with FCGI================
>
> On top of the errors listed above (the app is not able to find
> javascript files, css files and gif files I also have
> [...]

You need some mod_rewrite magic, but they have to have
allowed .htaccess file usage and required overrides to allow you to
use mod_rewrite directives.

Do you have that access?

Graham