I tried to do this before, and gave up.

It became WAY too confusing and difficult to manage as WSGI
components.

What I ended up doing is creating a single WSGI component to 'plugin'
and bootstrap some special variables into 'c'.

I then created a series of Libraries that offer functions and basic
controllers.

So a basic myspace style site would just inherit from the superclasses
as below.

I also have each 'plugin' controller use the controller name as a
prefix to the classmethod, so its clear where stuff comes from when
you have multiple plugins in the same controller.

controllers/account.py
-----
import opensocialnetwork
from app.lib.base import BaseControllerInheritsFromOSN
class AccountController(

opensocialnetwork.lib.controllers.account_home.AccountHomeController,

opensocialnetwork.lib.controllers.account_photos.AccountPhotosController,

opensocialnetwork.lib.controllers.account_password.AccountPasswordController,
    BaseControllerInheritsFromOSN
):
    pass