I'm now using pyramid for some projects.

Under Pylons I would almost always do the following:

1. Use multiple Engines ( Write, Read, Config, Log ) which each had
different permissions in PostgreSQL.
2. Have my models reflect the database.  With some custom routines, I
largely just had to pass in a string for the tablename and a sometimes
primary key .

I'm not sure how to do that under Pyramid ( I am using the Akhet
scaffold ).  I might just use MongoDb for a bit, but would love to
figure this out.