Hi

I wanted to write to the broader community to announce we have a release
which we feel can be used everyone.

Ptah is a opinionated web development environment.  It uses SQLAlchemy.  It
provides a number of features which are integrated: forms, data model,
security, layouts, REST API, introspection and more.

New Pyramid Users should find a environment which provides integrated
technologies.  Auto-generated CRUD from models, a back-end "Manage User
Interface".

Experienced Pyramid Developers should not have any problems with Ptah.  It
additive.  You can pick and choose which features you want.

Ptah 0.2 is on pypi.  Ptah is a framework.  You need to use either the
scaffold or one of the examples to see pixels on the screen.

The examples (WSGI apps using Ptah) can be found in github:
https://github.com/ptahproject/examples

You can read the documentation (focus around API) readthedocs,
http://ptahproject.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html

There is a full user management package (registration, pwreset, properties,
etc), ptah_crowd which has also been released.  But it is not an
application.  Again you will need to use an example or scaffold.

Ptah is in production by a number of users.  And we are looking for more
feedback.  You can join mailing list at
http://groups.google.com/group/ptahproject/ or ask questions on the pylons
list.  And we are on #ptahproject and #pyramid on irc.freenode.net

Of current focus is enhancing documentation and building applications using
Ptah.  We feel we are out of the design phase.

Let us know your thoughts.  Happy holidays.

--
Alan Runyan
Skype/Twitter:: runyaga