I have a view that serves up a page that whose template/css contain both
define screen and print media. Which means the view's renderer provides a
page that serves up html that is formatted for the browser (screen media)
and if the user prints it formatted for the page (the print media). The CSS
that does this is:

  <link rel="stylesheet" href="${static_url}css/reports.css" media="screen">
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="${static_url}css/reports_pdf.css"
media="print">

I want to add a view that returns a FileResponse, as rendered by the print
media, so that particular location results in a download of that PDF, but I
don't want to repeat code.

I don't want to serve a static asset, I want the PDF to be dynamically
created.

Any ideas on how to tackle this best?

Adam