There is a null_renderer in Pyramid, but it's not available via
render_to_response. I do not see a code path that would return anything other
than an object implementing pyramid.interfaces.IResponse (the expected return
value from the app's configured IResponseFactory). This is, of course, slightly
more general than pyramid.response.Response.

- Michael