I've built a custom Pyramid tween to handle this and redirect requests
while application is up!
It can handle redirects (based on regular expressions) before or after the
request is handled by Pyramid application, to be able to set the site in
"maintenance mode", or to handle custom redirects in case of NotFound
exceptions...
All configuration is done through our Pyramid CMS.

Best regards,
Thierry
--
  https://www.ulthar.net -- http://pyams.readthedocs.io