On Monday, December 13, 2021 at 9:14:30 PM UTC-5 the...@luhn.com wrote:

> 1)  pserve isn’t really comparable with gunicorn, its just a way to launch
> a server, such as gunicorn or waitress.  You’re probably using waitress,
> that’s what the Pyramid docs use.
>
> I personally use gunicorn, but many on this mailing list are using
> waitress with success, so I think it’s a fine choice.

I wish I saw this thread last month!

I personally use uWSGI.  waitress, gunicorn and uWSGI are **all** great
application servers (as are some others) - however they each have their own
sets of advantages/strengths and drawbacks/weaknesses across: concurrency,
latency, cpu, ram, etc.

Depending on your exact application and traffic, you may get a significant
performance boost by using one platform over the others. you may also see
no discernible difference between the platform options.

IMHO: as waitress is the default and production ready, you generally don't
really need to consider other platforms until you need to scale into more
than two nodes (redundancy is good), start to run into issues with capacity
(concurrency, latency, cpu, ram, etc), or are using some sort of automatic
scaling system to deploy more nodes. In those cases, waitress still might
be the best option for you - but doing an audit and comparative benchmark
of your applications' use of resources is warranted.