Michael,

        Unfortunately PYMOL/dss doesn't generate quite enough
information to recreate PDB SHEET and HELIX records.  PyMOL (like other
programs) simplifies the secondary structure concept down to a
per-residue property.  There is no such thing as a sheet or helix in
PYMOL, but merely sets of proximal residues with a secondary structure
property (ss) of 'H' or 'S'.

load object-name.pdb
hide
show cartoon
dss object-name

Should be sufficient to get you a secondary structure representation for
any protein.

States represent multiple conformations -- you shouldn't need to worry
about them

mailto:war...@delanoscientific.com
Warren L. DeLano, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist