I was recently making a figure of a ligand nestled in its binding pocket, where I wanted the surface of the binding protein colored by electrostatic potential, and the surface of the ligand colored by atom type. So I read in a DelPhi map from Grasp, used ramp_new to set up the color ramp, then set the surface color to the ramp color. Unfortunately, I forgot to specify an object at this point, so the ligand surface was also colored by potential. I then realized that I had absolutely no idea how to restore the default surface coloring! (Except by quitting and restarting...)

"set surface_color, default" didn't work, nor did "set surface_color, atom_color". All I could get was solid colors. I'm guessing there's some special color name I should be using, but what is it?

Thanks for the help,

Matt

--
Matthew Franklin            Phone:(650)225-4596
Postdoctoral Researcher       Fax:(650)225-3734