On Tuesday 02 March 2004 07:56, Matt Franklin wrote:
> [...snip...]  I then realized that I
> had absolutely no idea how to restore the default surface coloring!
> (Except by quitting and restarting...)
>
> "set surface_color, default" didn't work, nor did "set surface_color,
> atom_color".  All I could get was solid colors.  I'm guessing there's
> some special color name I should be using, but what is it?

You can use something like
    color white,object
to set an object to a fixed color, or the utility command
    util.cbag("object")
(note the parentheses and quotes) to color the object by
atom type and set the carbon atoms to green.
There's "cbag" for "color by atom type, carbons green", "cbaw" for white
carbons, "cbay" for yellow carbons and so on.

Alternatively, you can use the color menu in the internal GUI.

Hope this helps,

--
Lieven Buts
Department of Ultrastructure