On 07.03.2008, at 23:04, DeLano Scientific wrote:

My view is that the obvious low-hanging fruit for Open-Source PyMOL is
integration with other open-source code. Since that mostly involves work at
the Python level, such projects are well within the reach of students,
especially if they have experience with both packages.

So from where I sit, the obvious open-source candidates are:

MMTK (molecular mechanics -- Python/flexible)

If anyone wishes to tackle PyMOL-MMTK interfacing, he/she can certainly count on my help.

Konrad.
Konrad Hinsen
Saint Aubin - BP 48
91192 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France