On 23:26 Thu 22 Jan     , Warren DeLano wrote:
> I tested out the Samsung Syncmaster 2233RZ / NVIDIA 3D Vision bundle
> today ($599 for a 120 Hz LCD display with one pair of glasses).

> I was very much hoping that this new display would nevertheless also
> work with existing nVidia Quadro-based Mac or Linux systems with
> existing emitters and glasses running existing OpenGL software.  Sadly,
> this does not seem to be the case due at least in part to the fact that
> the phase of the sync signal coming out of the Quadro card does not
> match the update phase of the LCD display.  In addition, light from the
> display itself seems to corrupt the sync signal for StereoGraphics
> glasses.

Hi Warren,

Did you happen to try the new glasses + emitter with a CRT? I am
particularly curious whether this works on Linux, or whether it needs
some sort of USB driver stubs so that Linux knows what to do with these
devices.

It comes with a stereo-DIN cable so it seems like it could work,
provided the emitter can get power via USB and the glasses can charge
via USB.

If the new glasses can work with a CRT, then at least we could buy
stereo bundles now and use all of the parts of them in some sort of
Frankenstein setup pending support for LCD stereo.

--
Thanks,
Donnie

Donnie Berkholz