Hari & Others,

At this moment, the LCD flat panel to buy for use with PyMOL is the Zalman
M220W (scan-line interleaved, passive stereo 3D).

Unfortunately, last week's nVidia driver updates do not contain the expected
support for 120 Hz LCDs from Samsung and ViewSonic.  However, my personal
belief and conviction is that they will be supported in the near future, and
that they will work with PyMOL -- at least under Windows XP and Vista.

Furthermore, having personally tested the stereo 3D capabilities of both the
Samsung and ViewSonic displays with nVidia 3D Vision emitter and glasses, the
Samsung 2233RZ is so much better at generating a clean, nearly ghost-free
stereo 3D effect, that I plan to strongly recommend the Samsung 2233RZ over the
ViewSonic VX2265wm, if (when) nVidia releases their stereo-3D-capable OpenGL
drivers for 120Hz LCDs.

Whereas the Samsung's 3D effect is equal to, if not better than a CRT, the
ViewSonic is clearly inferior to both -- at least in my experience, using
nVidia 3D Vision glasses.  Hopefully ViewSonic's future 120 Hz products will be
more competitive!

So recap:

If you need stereo 3D-capable today, then buy a Zalman M220W
http://pymol.org/zalman .  That display will work with Mac, Windows, and Linux,
without need of any special graphics card.  You give up half the vertical
resolution, but hey -- it works today, and it works quite well.

However, if you expect to need a stereo 3D capable LCD in the future, then plan
on buying a 120Hz Samsung 2233RZ with the nVidia 3D Vision glasses and an
updated Quadro graphics card.  This will give you same high-quality,
full-resolution 3D effect as a Crystal Eyes-based CRT setup.  But please do
wait until the critical drivers are released before spending any money, and
realize that you may be stuck using Windows for the time being.

Suffice it to