Hi Luigi,

I assume you are running Open source PyMOL 2.X and tried to install the apbsplugin.py file via the Plugin manager. I just tried this and got the same error from the Plugin manager. I am no expert here, but I assume this is related to the fact that this plugin uses the Tkinter GUI and python2. This will not work with PyMOL 2.X, which is based on Qt5 and python3. One possibility is to try to install an older PyMOL version 1.X. Very likely the heavily used apbs plugin will work. Alternatively, use the Schrödinger PyMOL version. Even after the license has expired, many options will still work, probably also the APBS plugin.

I do not know if anybody works on adapting important plugins such as abps to open source PyMOL 2.X. Without such tools open source PyMOL is limited and many users might switch to ChimeraX which has developed a lot.

Best,

Norbert