If you have not already done so, you might try looking here:
https://pdb2pqr.readthedocs.io/en/latest/using/examples.html#parameterizing-ligands-with-the-pdb2pqr-web-server.
You need to apply the right partial charges to your small molecule with PSB2PQR
to be able to apply APBS to it.

The version of PyMOL that you installed with apt-get is probably the open
source version.
Next time, please include your operating system.

Best regards,

Blaine

Blaine Mooers, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Biochemistry and Physiology
College of Medicine
S.L. Young Biomedical Research Center, Rm. 466
975 NE 10th
Street<https://maps.google.com/?q=975+NE+10th+Street&entry=gmail&source=g>, BRC
466
Oklahoma City, OK 73104-5419

Central Time Zone (follows Daylight Savings Time)

office: (405) 271-8300   lab: (405) 271-8313

Faculty
webpage<https://basicsciences.ouhsc.edu/bmb/Faculty/bio_details/mooers-blaine-hm-phd-1>

<https://basicsciences.ouhsc.edu/bmb/Faculty/bio_details/mooers-blaine-hm-phd-1>
Director: Laboratory of Biomolecular Structure and Function (X-ray
crystallography
lab)<https://research.ouhsc.edu/research-support/core-laboratory-services/laboratory-of-biomolecular-structure-and-function>
Ex-chair: SSRL Users Executive
Committee<https://www-ssrl.slac.stanford.edu/content/about-ssrl/ssrluo-2022-2023-executive-committee-members>
Charter member: NIH Maximizing Investigators’ Research Award B (MRAB) Study
section<https://public.csr.nih.gov/StudySections/DBIB/MBBC/MRAB>
Guest-editor: Special Issue "Nucleic Acid Crystallography Volume
II"<https://www.mdpi.com/journal/crystals/special_issues/Nucleic_Acid_Crystallography>
 submission deadline June 25, 2024
Co-Chair: Oklahoma Data Science
Workshop<https://mediasite.ouhsc.edu/Mediasite/Channel/python>