I thought I could mention here, fwiw and from a python head out here in the
aether, that the project pretty much lost me as a potential contributor with
the architectural decisions. The time I can spend on any particular open
source project is weighed heavily against the curve of learning the "way" of
it. There is only so much time I can put into non-paying work. Plain old
python I have been with for years but I just don't have time or inclination
to adapt to a bunch of other ways of doing things unless there is a very
compelling reason to do so. A bonus is if I can apply that "way" to my
regular work and none of these particular components offer that that I can
see.

Anyway, I, for one, do hope things get back to basics as I would very much
like to contribute and wanted to mention it as a case for attracting other
bodies that was mentioned in a couple of other posts in this thread.

best regards
JB