On lørdag, okt 18, 2003, at 00:07 Europe/Oslo, Phil Thompson wrote:

On Friday 17 October 2003 10:12 pm, Willard Myers wrote:
On Oct 17, 2003, at 16:49, Rune Hansen wrote:
$PYTHON/site-packages has these qt files:
qt.dylib
qtgl.dylib
qtsql.dylib
qtui.dylib
qtcanvas.dylib
qtnetwork.dylib
qttable.dylib
qtxml.dylib
...and nothing else...

Can't help but think I've made an error....some where :-)

That's most of the way there, you are missing qt.py, etc. Did you run the install step?

No - it looks right to me. SIP v4 doesn't generate any .py files.

Have you actually tried to import a module. If the canvas.py example works
then everything is probably Ok.

canvas.py from examples3/canvas :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "canvas.py", line 4, in ?
    from qt import *
ImportError: No module named qt

Does Python on the Mac use a different file extension for compiled modules?
(Like the Windows version uses .pyd?)

uhm..I'm not especialy famillilar with the .pyd concept. Python file extensions on the Mac is .py, .pyc and .pyo as far as I know.

I had, kind of, expected these files: "qtcanvas.py, qtext.py, qtgl.py, qtnetwork.py, qt.py, qtsql.py, qttable.py, qtui.py and qtxml.py" to be present in my site-packages catalog after the PyQt install...but they're not.

Phil

regards
/rune