Nicolas Lehuen wrote:

Is there a wait to use macro directives so that we don't need to maintain two separate branches ? A define that we could pass when building mod_python to select the Apache version we're building against, maybe ?

If it's possible to make the code in connobject.c & filterobject.c compatible with both Apache 2.0 & 2.2, then the only unavoidable incompatibility is in test.py (with the auth stuff). Since that script already calls httpd, it could discover the version with httpd -v (unless mod_python has an internal record of this, already) and adapt accordingly.

These diffs were really tiny to get a seemingly working version to run with Apache 2.2. Finding compatible alternatives to the deprecated items will deliver better results than version sniffing, IMHO. I just wish I was bright enough to comprehend what the lines in question actually do. :P