Sébastien Arnaud wrote:
Hi,

I would like to report:

+1 Gentoo 2005.1 (amd64), Apache 2.0.55-prefork, Python 2.4.2

After replacing the troubling line (line 3038, configure):

from:
MP_VERSION=`echo $MP_VERSION | sed s/\\"//g`
to (Deron's 1st suggestion):
MP_VERSION=`echo $MP_VERSION | sed 's/"//g' `

I guess now it's up to you to decide if you want to integrate the patch or if you want to leave it as is for this release ;)

In the interest of actually *releasing* something I think this should wait for a future bug fix release. In the interim the fix is simple enough that someone on an affected platform can manually change configure.in. It's not an ideal solution, but then neither is an endless series of beta and release candidates. ;)

I'll create a JIRA issue so this doesn't get lost.

Jim