Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Jim Gallacher wrote:

I assumed we would have a separate thread for the core vote, but what the heck. :)

+1 is my core vote.

+1 from me as well.

When the core group votes for a release candidate, is it a consensus vote or a majority vote? To quote from the Apache voting guidelines, "An action item requiring consensus approval must receive at least 3 binding +1 votes and no vetos. An action item requiring majority approval must receive at least 3 binding +1 votes and more +1 votes than -1 votes (i.e., a majority with a minimum quorum of three positive votes)".

My interpretation of the rest of guideline is that a consensus vote is only required for actual code changes. Perhaps we should set our own policy for a vote on a release candidate?
See http://httpd.apache.org/dev/guidelines.html.

If this is a majority vote, then the polls are closed and 3.2.7 is the winner. :) (And I didn't even use a calulator this time. ;) )

Jim