I don't at all mean to sound confrontational, but would simple xml + xsl
be a bit easier to implement?  If we're just going to have a few pages,
a simple shell script could loop thru them calling xsltproc.  Then
again, I'm a fan of using simple tools for simple needs?

Here's an example of documentation that's created in this manner:

http://thinkflat.com/howto/index.html

Just my two cents.

John M.