[Guido van Rossum]
> > Let's get rid of unbound methods.

+1

[Jim Fulton]
> duck typing?

Requiring a specific interface instead of a specific type.

[Guido]
> > Does anyone think this is a bad idea?
[Jim]
> It *feels* very disruptive to me, but I'm probably wrong.
> We'll still need unbound builtin methods, so the concept won't
> go away. In fact, the change would mean that the behavior between
> builtin methods and python methods would become more inconsistent.

The type change would be disruptive and guaranteed to break some code.
Also, it would partially breakdown the distinction between functions and
methods.

The behavior, on the other hand, would remain essentially the same (sans
type checking).

Raymond