>     Steven>     print 'foo:', foo, 'bar:', bar, 'baz:', baz,
>     Steven>     print 'frobble', frobble
>
>     Steven> In my proposed function:
>
>     Steven>     print('foo:', foo, 'bar:', bar, 'baz:', baz,
>     Steven>           'frobble', frobble)
>
>     Steven> To my (admittedly biased) eyes, the second version more
>     Steven> obviously prints to a single line.
>
> Yes, you're right.  My bad.
>
> So, is the proposal that you would need an explicit "\n" to terminate the
> output or not?

Well, my proposal (which differs from Guidos) is that the print
function (or whatever it ends up getting called) would have the
semantics:

    def print(*args):
        sys.stdout.write(' '.join(str(arg) for arg in args))
        sys.stdout.write('\n')

STeVe
--
You can wordify anything if you just verb it.
        --- Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy