On Friday 13 October 2006 20:35, Bob Ippolito wrote:
> With most consumer connections it's a lot faster to download than to
> upload. Perhaps it would save you a few minutes if the contributors
> uploaded directly to the destination (or to some other fast server)
> and you could download and sign it, rather than having to scp it back
> up somewhere from your home connection.

I actually pull them down to both dinsdale and home, then verify they're the
same with SHA and MD5 before signing, and uploading the keys. The only thing
I upload directly are the keys and the source tarballs.

> Given any Mac OS X 10.4 machine, the builds could happen
> automatically. Apple could probably provide one if someone asked. They
> did it for Twisted. Or maybe the Twisted folks could appropriate part
> of that machine's time to also build Python.

We have one, macteagle. For some reason builds fail on it right now - Ronald
might be able to supply more details as to why.

Anthony
--
Anthony Baxter     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>