2008/8/21 Guido van Rossum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> The two, quite separate, questions, then, are (a) how much work would
> it be to upgrade to version 5.1.0 of the database; and (b) would it be
> acceptable to do this post-beta3 (but before rc1). If the answer to
> (b) is positive, Google can help with (a).

Two thoughts:

- In view of jumping to a new standard at *this* point, what I'd like
to have is a comprehensive test suite for unicodedata in a similar
sense to what happens with Decimal... It would be great to have from
the Unicode Consortium a series of test cases (in Python, or in
something we could process), to verify that we support Unicode
properly.

- We always could have a beta4 if it's necessary...

Just my two pesos cents.

Regards,

--
. Facundo