Barry Warsaw wrote:

I agree. This seriously feels like new, potentially high risk code to be adding this late in the game. The BDFL can always override, but unless someone is really convincing that this is low risk high benefit, I'd vote no for 2.6/3.0.

at least two Unicode experts have stated that they don't think the changes are that important. determining exactly what the changes to the *core* character database was the whole point of my offer to tinker with this.

(I got distracted due to compiler issues and certain other things to be announced later, but I expect to have some results later this week).

</F>