On 10/26/2010 02:34 PM, Raymond Hettinger wrote:

FWIW, it wasn't that big (approx 2500 lines).
The argparse, difflib, doctest, pickletools, pydoc, tarfile modules
are about the same size and the decimal module is even larger.
Please don't split those.

Sense you mention this...

I've worked on pydoc to make it much nicer to use in a browser. While doing that I needed to reworked the server part. That resulted in a clean server thread object (and supporting parts) with no pydoc specific code in those parts. It can work as a stand alone module quite nicely. It's about 170 lines with around a third of that as documented examples that can also run as doctests.

More to the point, it's a simple text/html server wrapped in a thread object. It can work as a starting point to using a browser as a user interface like pydoc does.

There is a patch in the bug tracker, I just need to make some minor updates to it and it can go in, but I really need some code organizing/placement review help.

I I'm wonder what you may think. Keep it in pydoc or move it to the HTTP package? Document it or not?

Ron