> - what are we going to do in the long run? how can we assure we'll be
> having a healthy collaboration with upsteam? f.e. in case a bug is
> reported (and later on fixed) in cpython? is there a policy for
> projects present in cpython and also maintained elsewhere?
>
> At the end: do you have some suggestions that might this task be
> successful? advice on the steps above, tips about the merge, something
> like this.

I think it would be useful if the porting was done all-over, in a way
that allows upstream to provide 2.x and 3.x out of a single code base,
and get this port merged into upstream.

If there are bug fixes that we made on the json algorithms proper, these
would have to be identified and redone, or simply ignored (hoping that
somebody will re-report them if the issue persists).

A necessary prerequisite is that we have a dedicated maintainer of
the json package.

Regards,
Martin