On Apr 14, 2011, at 12:22 PM, Sandro Tosi wrote:

> The version we have in cpython of json is simplejson 2.0.9 highly
> patched (either because it was converted to py3k, and because of the
> normal flow of issues/bugfixes) while upstream have already released
> 2.1.13 .
>
> Their 2 roads had diverged a lot, and since this blocks any further
> update of cpython's json from upstream, I'd like to close this gap.

Are you proposing updates to the Python 3.3 json module
to include newer features like use_decimal and changing
the indent argument from an integer to a string?

> - what are we going to do in the long run?

If Bob shows no interest in Python 3, then
the code bases will probably continue to diverge.

Since the JSON spec is set in stone, the changes
will mostly be about API (indentation, object conversion, etc)
and optimization.  I presume the core parsing logic won't
be changing much.

Raymond