Mark, that's great!  I hadn't realized that it was so close to
installable via easy_install.

It's less great that setuptools doesn't seem to have been released in
two years... does anyone (Eby?) know the rough timeline for the next
release?

And if not, I'll go back to plan C, and see if I can figure out a workaround :)

Michael