  From: Vernon Cole
  To: Jacob Kruger
  Cc: python-win32@python.org
  Sent: Friday, November 25, 2011 7:32 PM
  Subject: Re: [python-win32] MySQL connection/admin tool

  Jacob:

  adodbapi provides an extended dbapi 2.0 (PEP 249) connection to many
databases,  MySQL is one of the ones I test with regularly.  It is included in
pywin32. Just "import adodbapi" to use it. (You do have to install the MySQL
ODBC driver.)  The other packages you mention are MySQL specific, and may have
more features specific to MySQL, I don't know ... I've never tried them.

  Examples of PEP 249 use can be found on Google search "python database api
example".

  Examples of adodbapi use are in the "tests" folder under
site_packages/adodbapi -- see also http://sourceforge.net/projects/adodbapi/

  good luck
  --
  Vernon