As new Python user, my discovery of the ADODBAPI package is very encouraging
- is there any documentation other than that in the test cases?

Regards - Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: python-win32-bounces+qgold.77=gmail....@python.org
[mailto:python-win32-bounces+qgold.77=gmail....@python.org] On Behalf Of
Vernon Cole
Sent: November 25, 2011 9:32 AM
To: Jacob Kruger
Cc: python-win32@python.org
Subject: Re: [python-win32] MySQL connection/admin tool

Jacob:

adodbapi provides an extended dbapi 2.0 (PEP 249) connection to many
databases,  MySQL is one of the ones I test with regularly.  It is included
in pywin32. Just "import adodbapi" to use it. (You do have to install the
MySQL ODBC driver.)  The other packages you mention are MySQL specific, and
may have more features specific to MySQL, I don't know ... I've never tried
them.

Examples of PEP 249 use can be found on Google search "python database api
example".

Examples of adodbapi use are in the "tests" folder under
site_packages/adodbapi -- see also http://sourceforge.net/projects/adodbapi/

good luck
--
Vernon