On 4/17/07, Amit Aronovitch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 4/16/07, Roman Yakovenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> From my experience the only issue I has with Python is refactoring or
> massive changes in the project.
> There are cases where you want to change type of variable, function return
> type or argument and ask a compiler to find all places it is used.

Could you please give a little more detailed example?

For now, I can't see how that could cause any trouble. Since there's
no "function oveloading" in python, all the places where it is used ==
all the places it is referred to (by name), so any simple search would
work.

Function name is not unique in whole program. Think about read\write
and other short and many time used names.

 Changing the prototype of your argument/return type, you either break
the semantics - in which case you will have to find and modify ALL
occurences,

Right and I don't argue about that. All I said is that compiler can
help you to find such places.

--
Roman Yakovenko
C++ Python language binding