Hi all,

Am using py2app and hitting this problem: py2app's built-in recipe for pygame is causing the pygame icon to appear when I run the app from the dock.

It goes something like this:
1) The icon file I provide for my app appears in the dock by default, thanks to python setup.py py2app --iconfile my_icon.icns. 2) However, when I click on that icon in the dock, it briefly changes to the pygame icon (snake with game controller in mouth) and bounces up and down, before my app runs. 3) I tried adding a call at the start of my app to pygame.display.set_icon() to override the pygame icon with my own icon -- this causes the bouncing pygame icon to change back to my app's icon immediately before my app takes over the screen. However, I still see the pygame icon for a moment or two.

This may sound like a small issue, but I'm about to submit the app for testing to a "serious" client, and I know they would not appreciate the pygame icon.

So, is there a way to either:
1) Exclude pygame_icon.icns on the command line (I tried --excludes and --dylib-excludes to no avail); or
        2) Change the default recipe for pygame;
        3) Invoke some other magic to fix this?

BTW: I also tried to remove pygame_icon.icns manually after the app was created (deleting it from site-packages.zip, then recreating the .zip file), but this broke something else.

TIA...!

Happy holidays,
Joel

Joel Gluck, MEd, RDT