On 2023/12/12 2:01, Alex Bennée wrote:
Cleber Rosa <cr...@redhat.com> writes:

Based on many runs, the average run time for these 4 tests is around
250 seconds, with 320 seconds being the ceiling.  In any way, the
default 120 seconds timeout is inappropriate in my experience.

I would rather see these tests updated to fix:

  - Don't use such an old Fedora 31 image
  - Avoid updating image packages (when will RH stop serving them?)
  - The "test" is a fairly basic check of dmesg/sysfs output

I think building a buildroot image with the tools pre-installed (with
perhaps more testing) would be a better use of our limited test time.

That's what tests/avocado/netdev-ethtool.py does, but I don't like it much because building a buildroot image takes long and results in a somewhat big binary blob.

I rather prefer to have some script that runs mkosi[1] to make an image; it downloads packages from distributor so it will take much less than using buildroot. The CI system can run the script and cache the image.

[1] https://github.com/systemd/mkosi