On 02/02/2024 16.40, Peter Maydell wrote:
On Fri, 2 Feb 2024 at 15:36, David Woodhouse <dw...@infradead.org> wrote:

On Fri, 2024-02-02 at 15:32 +0000, Peter Maydell wrote:

This fails "make check' because some of the qom-test and
test-hmp checks fail when the QEMU binary segfaults.

https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/6084552256
https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/6084044180

Thanks.  Any idea why that didn't show up in my own pipeline?
https://gitlab.com/dwmw2/qemu/-/pipelines/1160949234

I think because the failing runners are the aarch64 and
s390 host ones, which we don't let run for anything
except real merge-pullreq test runs because they're
limited resource. I guess that perhaps we have at some point
said "we don't need to run all the guest architectures
on all jobs"

It's rather "we cannot run all the guest architectures on all jobs due to time constraints"

and not noticed that this leaves the
coverage for the submaintainer only-uses-the-public-runners
CI testing with gaps.

CCing Alex and Thomas for possible suggestions.

Well, not everybody has access to non-x86 machines, so there's not too much we can do about this, can we? The only possibility is: We still have support for travis-CI, so if you've got a github account, you can test aarch64, s390x and ppc64le there before sending a pull request. The .travis-ci.yml file needs some love, though, one of the jobs is currently timing out ... it's on my TODO list since weeks, but I just didn't find enough spare time to fix it properly yet.

 Thomas