Got it!  It's purely a GDAL problem - something got buggered in the
packaging of 1.4.2.  Once I figured that out, it was easy to fix.
Grab a new GDAL framework 1.4.2-3.

On Jul 10, 2007, at 3:57 PM, Mars Sjoden wrote:

> ah, gdal 1.4.2 installed... I believe your latest port,
>
> okay, just ran gdalinfo --version
>
> GDAL 1.4.2.0, released 2007/06/27
>
> I'll check with your port see what your latest is.
>
> Mars
>
> On 10-Jul-07, at 12:53 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>> On Jul 10, 2007, at 2:21 PM, Mars Sjoden wrote:
>>
>>> It has not reported in the past,
>>>
>>> I did however manage to get a report after importing the file
>>> into GRASS separate of QGIS, then opening QGIS and loading Grass
>>> Raster layer.
>>>
>>> The crash report is as follows:

>>> Version: 0.8.1-Titan (exported) (0.8.1-Titan)
>>>
>>> PID:    1167
>>>
>>> Link (dyld) error:
>>>
>>> Symbol not found: _G_set_gisrc_mode
>>>   Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Versions/
>>> 1.4/PlugIns/gdal_GRASS.dylib
>>>   Expected in: /Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Versions/1.4/
>>> grass/lib/libgrass_datetime.dylib
>>>
>>> Curious.
>>>
>>> So... some sort of linking issue?
>>>
>> Ah, hmm.  Which version of the GDAL framework do you have
>> installed?  I made a small change in the internal GRASS libraries
>> with 1.4.2 that might be having problems.  Though G_set_gisrc_mode
>> () is in libgrass_gis, not libgrass_datetime... odd.
>>
>> But, I don't know if this would be the same as the crash when you
>> try to load the PNG directly...
>>
>> -----
>> William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos*at*kyngchaos*dot*com>
>> http://www.kyngchaos.com/
>>
>> "Mon Dieu! but they are all alike.  Cheating, murdering, lying,
>> fighting, and all for things that the beasts of the jungle would
>> not deign to possess - money to purchase the effeminate pleasures
>> of weaklings.  And yet withal bound down by silly customs that
>> make them slaves to their unhappy lot while firm in the belief
>> that they be the lords of creation enjoying the only real
>> pleasures of existence....
>>
>> - the wisdom of Tarzan

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy