At 17:17 22/09/2004 +0100, you wrote:

Will this answer, David? If not please mail me directly at
pj @ witte . fsbusiness . co . uk and Ill dispatch the goods.
 To Per,

and ay other interested.

When you wrote that I presumed you must have meant to send something !

When I downloaded the utils the link was at the bottom of the window, never saw the additional advices.

My invocations, on two machines, keel over when accessing an existing or trying to create a new one. Job just hangs.

Am on 56k too, aint it a bugger - but just about to upgrade !

ot sure what the effect will be but I not the files you sent are of an earlier date and smaller than those I just downloaded.

But thanks for the bandwidth !  I will give them a try soon.

As a matter of interest I think the economical and time-saving approach is to let QXL format a file
create a dummy file of sufficient length.
In PC mode use a hex editor to overwrite with required data !

In the end, for sure, after using latterday m/c's the poor old thing chugs along pretty slowly, but DOES what I cannot achieve in the MS environment.