P Witte wrote:
Joachim Van der Auwera writes:

<>

The basic concept is that PROforma renders everything into a buffer. The
details about what such a buffer should look like is configured in the
driver (and possibly handled with the help of a specific bitmap driver).

The first "hardware" driver could perhaps be for the PE pic format - in
memory or on disk.  It would save a lot of trees during testing!
<>

Please remember, PROforma exists, has existed for almost ten years now (I think). There are bitmap drivers for all common (at that time) raster layouts for printers.

I actually think (though I could be mistaken) that a pic driver also exists (bitmap driver definetely, but I think there was a pic printer driver as well).

Joachim