Dilwyn made the point that Quanta membership was based on a subscription to the magazine.
Nothing could be further from the truth. The subscription is for membership to Quanta, period.
Hmm, I must be mixing this up with another organisation. The sentence "membership is by subscription to the newsletter" is quite stuck in my mind. John is right, there is no mention of this in the constitution. Unless it was back in the eearly days, or one of the other groups (BBC micro, Oric etc) I was a member of back in the 1980s. I had a quick look at adverts of Quanta c. 1988 and no mention there either. WWonder where I got that from then?

-- Dilwyn Jones